Friday 27 June 2014

New Home

My boyfriend (Tom) and I have been in our new home for almost one year now and I have lots of DIY tips and cool ideas for decorating on a budget!

For this first post, I will just mention a few little items I've bought to make our flat look a bit more unusual and quirky. I love looking on sites such as Etsy and Folksy for cute additions but I also love going to the weekend market at the Tynemouth metro station.

First thing I bought was a really cute knitted cover for our kitchen clock which can be bought from Baban Cat on Etsy. It didn't cost much but it really adds a cosy feel to this cheap clock.

Knitted Clock Cover
Another really affordable item which is ideal for new home owners is the Vittsjo shelving unit from Ikea.  Here is ours, which was a present from Tom's parents, in our living room.

Vittsjo from Ikea

I have filled the shelf with cute little jars from John Lewis and Orla Kiely, a Ben de Lisi fruit bowl, Ikea boxes, Ikea vases, books and plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment